Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Benefit Beauties!

I had some time the other day before an appointment at Specsavers so I decided to pop into Boots. I walked past the Benefit counter and before I knew it I was trying things out and having my makeup done by a lovely girl called Lydia. I love having my makeup done so will take every opportunity I can get! I had been wanting to try out a couple of products for a while and there was an offer on at the time for if you bought 2 Benefit products you got 750 boots points. I decided to buy 2 products in the end as I loved one so much I thought I may as well get something else too!

I bought Rockateur - a blush and a set of three minis of Posie Tint, Sun Beam and Cha Cha Tint. 


I have wanted Rockateur for ages, I saw Fleur De Force use it on her channel and sort of fell in love with it. It's such a pretty colour! Sort of a rose colour, quite a deep pink with lighter parts too and a golden tone... 



This is before I had used it as Fleur said in her video that the shimmer comes off in the first couple of uses, it's like a spray on cover they use to make it look extra amazing when you first buy it. The 'Rock' also stops looking so amazing quite quickly but that doesn't matter - it's what goes on your face that counts!! 


I loveeee the colour when it's applied, it's so pretty and perfect for Autumn/Winter. It's not coral but it's not really pink so it's a warm nice tone. Oh and it smells amazing as usual for Benefit products...

The colour pay-off is good and I love applying it with my Real Techniques Blush Brush - I tend to avoid using the brushes they give because I prefer bigger ones. Benefit Blushes come in gorgeous packaging - the only annoying thing being that they don't always fit into my makeup bag when I want to take it somewhere.

The second products are gorgeous too, i've had Posie Tint for a while (before I got Benetint!) as it was a present from my mum but the little mini size is definitely going in my handbag. I'd never tried Sun Beam or Cha Cha before but am pleasantly surprised, I love Cha Cha and it'll be perfect on its own for a subtle coral lip or under my coral lipsticks as a base. The Sun Beam is a nice highlight, it's warm (it's a golden colour) which is nice because I feel that sometimes the more white/silver highlighters can look a little colder on the face especially when you've got bronzer on. I tend to apply it on my cheek bones, just a little dab after foundation. 


I've put my full size Posie Tint next to the mini here to show you the difference, for £14.50 I worked it out that you get nearly the same amount (4ml in each bottle - 12ml all together) as a full size (12.5ml) and it's about £10 cheaper! If you love one then it's definitely advisable to get a full size eventually but if you want to try them out then get the box set whilst you can! They are really cute and much easier to fit in your makeup-bag/hand-bag. 


I do like benefit for these kinds of products, I think they are fab! I really really need to stop spending now though - someone please hide my debit card for a few weeks!?

On another note - the photo that I have included in this of myself is a photo of a look that I filmed today! I haven't done this before and I'm really excited about it but I can't say that it'll be amazing... I haven't edited anything like it properly before and so I don't know when it'll be up but I'm hoping that it might be this week! Fingers crossed the footage isn't too bad!

Em x



No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here :)