Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Selena Gomez Look - (from a Tanya Burr Tutorial) Plus, I'm blogging everyday this week!

I have finally finished exams (and my first year of Uni!) So I have decided that this week I am blogging EVERYDAY! So each day from today (Sunday 1st) until Sunday 9th there will be a new blog post up! I am doing 8 days instead of 7, I am aware that this is more than a week but I have made it my mission to blog everyday this week, plus I always blog on Sundays so I'm just going to do it my way! 

So to kick start my week of blogging everyday I have decided to show you a look that I did the other day. I absolutely love Tanya Burr and her blog/youtube/twitter/instagram and I definitely should have been revising but instead it got to about 10pm and I was fed up so I watched her tutorial on Selena Gomez's make-up in the Come & Get It music video. After I watched the first minute or so I decided it was definitely very important that I tried to recreate it myself, without delay! So I grabbed my make-up and proceeded to create this:

I apologize for the lighting, obviously by doing this at 10/11pm there was no natural light and my ensuite light is a bit yellow. I don't think it looks too far off how it looked though ;) - collage created on Fotor


I didn't have all the same make-up as Tanya to use so I substituted things for other things - you can watch her tutorial HERE but I am going to tell you what I used as my own 'dupes' to recreate her recreation!

Face:
Foundation - Benefit Hello Flawless - Oxygen Wow (I love that name...) in Honey 
 - I used this because Tanya said about being 'glowing' and it's the brightest, most 'glowy' foundation I own
Concealer - Collection 2000 Concealer in Light
 - I would have liked to use my Benefit Erase Paste but unfortunately I couldn't find it at the time!
Bronzer - Natural Collection Bronzing Pearls in Sahara Sun.
 - Tanya doesn't use blush in this look.
Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte - Peach Glow 
 - Only a little bit of power across my T-Zone/nose area

Eyes:
Eyeshadow - (Gold) Half-baked from the Naked palette by Urban Decay. (Black) From the Smoky Quartz Eyeshadow trio by Seventeen (available in Boots). Highlight under eyebrow - Virgin from the Naked palette.
 - Blend REALLY well (I used a Real Techniques blending brush)
Eyeliner - Maybelline Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black.
 - To add to the smoky effect I also put black eyeshadow on top of that like Tanya does.
Mascara - Maybelline The Falsies in Blackest Black
 - I already had some mascara on so this was a second coat
Eyebrows - Brow colour from Lola & Belle Cosmetics Smoky Eyes set.
 - Selena has quite pronounced and defined eyebrows but if yours are fair and you don't want to go OTT then just make sure they are nicely shaped and have a little colour to them so they don't get 'lost' on your face! 

Lips:
Lipstick - Jemma Kidd Lipstick in Siren (not sure if this is available anymore though, I got it on ASOS a while ago.) 

I hope you like this look! I certainly enjoyed doing it, I'm not sure how often I would wear such a bold lip and eye together but I have done it before, and I think I may do it again! I rarely wear red lipstick as I tend to stay with bold eyes but this is a strong look that could work for a proper night out! 

 - Have you recreated any looks recently? :) 

See you tomorrow! :) 
Em x




No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here :)